02feb2:00 pm3:30 pm⏱ Productivity for photogs - get more done in less timeLearn how to multiply your time! You can get more done in less time, you just need to follow a few simple strategies. Let's discuss productivity, systems and streamlining for photographers!
Room Show Notes
📸 Photographer Lifecycle How do you make money? Someone finds you = marketing They book you = selling You perform a service = shooting They pay you = pricing If you’re doing something NOT on
Room Show Notes
📸 Photographer Lifecycle
How do you make money?
- Someone finds you = marketing
- They book you = selling
- You perform a service = shooting
- They pay you = pricing
If you’re doing something NOT on this list, you’re not making money! (These are the 4 core functions).
⏰ Productivity Framework
How can you spend more time on the list above☝️, and less time doing everything else?
- Automate = hands off
What do you NOT need to do?
– Transactional emails
– Invoice reminders
– Bill collecting
– Email marketing (drip campaigns)
– Anything you send routinely to every client, every time
- Systemitize = semi hands-off
How can you get as close to automating without actually automating?
– Email templates
– Develop presets
- Streamline = optimize the process
– How can you be more efficient? Where are there leaky holes? How?
– Document everything you do, as if you had to teach it to someone else
– SOP** (see Key Takeaways below)
- Be more productive
– Focus, not multitasking
– Time chunking
– Time constraints
– 1 inbox
🔑 Key Takeaways
- Most photographers spend time working IN their business instead of ON their business
- Worker bee mode = IN
- CEO mode = ON
- Templates help you systematize your thoughts – help you not react (message is more thoughtfully composed – which you can now tweak)
- SOP = Standard Operating Procedure – documenting the process/workflow of a particular task in your business – now you have a repeatable formula (a checklist)
- Benefits: (1) You don’t miss anything; (2) Mental Health; (3) Scaling your business – growing/training a team
- Outsource what you can! Delegate what is important/urgent!
- What can you eliminate?
👋 Follow Bryan & Sprout Studio
💬 Room Discussion & Questions
- Map out your “Perfect Week: when are you most productive, when are you most likely to be distracted, when are you most social?
- End out your day with CLOSURE. No open loops. (ie. 30 mins of correspondence time at the end of your day) = Help’s you take control of your business daily, not feel overwhelmed!
- Opportunity costs:
🔗 References & Links
- 🖥 Trainual – SOP’s for training your team
- 📄 The Art of Time Chunking
- 📚 Getting Things Down by David Allen
- 📚 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- 🖥 Todoist App
- 🎥 Big Rocks video
- 📚 Procrastinate on Purpose by Rory Vaden
- 📚 Take the Stairs by Rory Vaden
- 🎙 Podcast with Jai
- 🎤 The Lie of Busy
(Tuesday) 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm(GMT-05:00) View in my time