You mean well. You have good intentions.
You want to give your clients a great experience, get back to them quickly and exceed their expectations. But sometimes that isn’t reality, is it? The busyness takes over; you hunker down and drown in work – editing, retouching, designing, shooting, oh my!
That chaos leads to communication gaps, delays in delivering work, and a constant feeling of being overwhelmed and buried in day-to-day tasks. This hinders your ability to put your best foot forward consistently.
The Momentum Method below allows you to unleash your creative genius, delight your clients and drive your business toward success. It means you can:
- Reclaim time and mental energy
- Fully immerse yourself in your artistic pursuits
- Rediscover the passion that drove you to become a photographer
… all while giving your clients what they deserve.
Here is the Momentum Method in a nutshell.
For every task, workflow or project you pursue from hereon out. Ask yourself 3 questions:
- Can this be done without my direct involvement? If so, automate it! If not, continue to #2.
- Can I do this next time faster with less work? If so, accelerate it! If not, continue to #3.
- Can this be simplified and standardized to reduce friction? If so, align it!
Here is a quick definition of each step of the Momentum Method:
Automate “Can this be done without my direct involvement? If so, automate it!”
- Identify work that can be put on auto-pilot, freeing up your time and energy for more hands-on work. Automating repetitive or time-consuming work allows you to focus on what truly requires your best work and creative touch.
Accelerate “Can I do this next time faster with less work? If so, accelerate it!”
- Identify work that can be accelerated by finding ways to shortcut, streamline and optimize the process. By recognizing repetitive work and finding efficiencies, you can save time and effort, ultimately increasing your productivity and creating more room for creativity.
Align “Can this be simplified and standardized to reduce friction? If so, align it!”
- Identify work where standardization can be applied. By aligning your processes through well-defined Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), you can minimize confusion, ensure consistency, and reduce the mental load associated with repetitive decision-making.
By automating, accelerating, and aligning your processes, you can create a seamless workflow to deliver exceptional client experiences while maintaining your sanity. Embrace the Momentum Method as your guiding light for every task, project, and workflow.